Monday, February 13, 2012

Renewing old habits?

Once upon a time, in ye olde days of livejournal, I used to write thoughtful, meaningful posts on a regular basis.  Like, at least once a week.  Then came myspace and facebook and a period of time where I became far less comfortable sharing myself with the world, along with a general inclination towards, dare I say it, laziness.  I also happen to have the memory of a hamster, and it is only getting worse as I get older.  If I don't write things down right away I tend to forget them, sometimes even while I'm in the process of walking from one room to the next.  Hooray for bipolar disorder eating holes in the memory centers of my brain.  As if I wasn't already random enough.

Speaking of random, my boyfriend does a stellar rendition of Meatwad.  Just wanted to share that.

At any rate, I kind of miss writing.  More than kind of, actually.  And I think it might be a good idea to get back into it, to maybe help with the memory issue, if nothing else.  I don't have to share the deep, dark details of my life.  Though for the record, there isn't much that's deep and dark going on lately, anyway, except perhaps for this one corner of my closet where I throw the things that are missing buttons or don't quite fit properly. 

But we don't talk about that corner.  And if you ask me about it I will deny up and down that it even exists.

So yes, back to writing somewhat regularly.  I miss it.  I need it.  And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment